- 100 seeds
- Open pollinated
- Distance between plants – 10-12″
- Distance between rows – 18-24″
- Full to part sun
- Water every 2-3 days
- Days to maturity – 60-80 days
- Days to germination – 5-14 days
- Height – 18-24″
- Ocimum Basilicum – Lamiaceae
Sow: 6 weeks before last frost or direct seed after last frost ¼’’ deep
Harvest: : Throughout the season
Easy to grow and a good companion in the garden, basil is best used fresh but can be dried down for use as a dry herb. If you want to cook with it, add it during the end of the preparation.
Companion planting = asparagus, beans, beets, cabbage, chili and bell peppers, eggplant, marigolds, oregano, potatoes, tomatoes.