Musquée de Provence Squash
- 20 seeds
- Cheese pumpkin
- Open pollinated
- Distance between plants – 3-4′
- Distance between mounds – 6′
- Full sun
- Water every day until established and then water every 2-3 days depending on heat waves
- Days to maturity – 110 days
- Days to germination – 7-14 days
- Fruit – 8-10″
- Cucurbita moschata
Grown on the farm, this French heirloom (1880) is a heavily lobbed squash that is delicious and easy to produce. Great for soups. 10-15lbs. Original seeds from Bavicchi seeds in Italy.
Sow: Indoors 2-3 weeks before last frost or direct seed after last frost 1’’ deep. We prefer to direct seed it into the ground so that the roots are not disturbed.
Harvest: When fruit is ripe and leaves have turned brown