Lemon Queen sunflower crossed Morrisville Sunflower
- 50 seeds
- Open pollinated
- Distance between plants – 18″
- Distance between rows – 24-30″
- Full sun
- Water every 2-3 days
- Days to maturity – 70-90 days
- Days to germination – 7-10 days
- Height – 60-90″
- Helianthus annuus – Asteraceae
- Germination rate
Grown on the farm, we originally discovered this sunflower from Tom Stearns at High Mowing Seeds, VT. Beautiful lemon colored petals. Best variety to feed birds due to the small seed size.
Sow: Direct sow after last frost in loose soil 1’’ deep
Harvest: When in bloom, Seeds : when head bends over and flower petals are gone.