Zeppelin Delicata squash
- 25 seeds
- Open pollinated
- Distance between plants – 24-30″
- Distance between mounds – 3-4′
- Full sun
- Water every day until established and then every 2-3 days depending on how hot it is.
- Days to maturity – 80-100 days
- Days to germination – 2-3 weeks
- Spread – 20-30′
- Cucurbita pepo
An incredibly easy and delicious squash to grow, the delicata is easily stored in a cool place all winter. First introduced in 1894 by Peter Henderson Company of New York. We love to add salt, oil & bake. Original seed from Fedco Seeds, MN.
Sow: Indoors 2 weeks before last frost or direct seed after last frost 1’’ deep. We prefer to direct seed because the roots are less disturbed and they are better acclimatized.
Harvest : When fruit is ripe and leaves have turned brown